Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tulle Necklace


Well, it started out as a bracelet but I added a few too many beads. This is my project for SunSpirit Studio this month. The tulle as well as the stone charm and copper ring are available from SSS at very reasonable prices. I basically knotted tulle around a few beads and then strung the bracelet, er, neclace as usual. Then I tied French ribbon to complete it. It goes around my head without any problems. I've seen Banana Republic recently use a lot of fabric and ribbon in their jewelry line and was inspired by that. Although, it would take a lot of patience to string ribbon through those tiny holes of beads! This way of knotting the beads with tulle is MUCH easier.

By the way, if you haven't joined the SSS newsletter yet, you should! It comes out once a month and they would never sell your name or spam you.

No comments: