Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Monkey Love

What a cool article about Sandy's store, Monkey Love!

I saw yesterday about how companies have been advertising their products by stamping pillow cases and other stampable surfaces in hotel rooms. I should find that article. I am constantly fascinated by stuff like that.

I've been working on the website (hopefully, it'll be up by the end of the month), SSS DT stuff, classes and now I'm considering applying for a local craft fair. I'm not entirely sure why I'm considering it since it'll be a lot of work. I'll have to bring a good assortment of cards to sell (maybe 100?). I still have a lot of bookmarks and shrink plastic pins left from my last craft fair. If I really had time, I'd also make marble coasters. The craft fair isn't until 5/13 so I do have time. Although, who is to say if I will actually be accepted.

I just mailed out what will probably be the last stamping swap I'm hosting for the year. Oh wait, I did schedule myself to host a rolodex swap in September. I took a break from swaps from April until September of last year and I found that was really helpful in terms of giving myself enough time to pursue other stampy goals (publications, DTs, teaching). So, I think I'm going to call it my annual vacation from swaps.

I'm trying to figure out my next stampy vacation. I usually go in May to some convention or another. I loved the Puyullup one I went to but now I'm thinking maybe I should wait until August to attend the Ft. Collins one. I would love to go to Portland (OR) or Boston but I don't think they have conventions in May. I am attending the Mesa (AZ) one in November to give a demonstration for SunSpirit Studio. Ahhh, I better get started on my samples for the booth.

I have to post the samples for my Ventura classes (4/15) so I'll do that in the next post. I'm visiting Violet's this Saturday to check out the classroom space.

No comments: