Friday, October 07, 2005

The price you pay for art

New stuff for today.

I was putting away some stamps last night and ended up playing instead of cleaning. I should have been tackling my to-do list which is a mile long but it's so much more fun to play!

I do eventually have to make birthday and holiday cards. I'm already starting to get requests from work. My coworkers are always asking me to try to sell to stores, eBay or have my own website. But I am so much happier selling to friends. Even though I'm not giving away the card, I feel warm fuzzies knowing someone pretty close in the friend chain is getting my artwork.

That's why I do swaps. I love seeing what others are coming up with. I was really upset this week when I saw a posting by someone in one of my yahoo groups selling over 280 cards and other swap projects for a measly $50. You can't put a price tag on swap work! And I would be horrified if I knew someone sold my swap cards. I don't participate in swaps so someone can have free stationery or worse, sell my work.





2 comments:

liannallama said...

HeyStampLady! I wanted to let you know that I love your blog! Your cards here are really artistic and so cool! I am in love with what I can see of your new rubber sheet--you gotta tell us more--show us and index and let me know if it's available for purchase! The "fragile" and the major-award lamp are a riot!!!

Deborah said...

Oh I am sooooo with you on if someone sold my art work that they got in a swap. That would be so bad. I hope it never happens.

The worst that has ever happened - was that a pattern that I did and submitted to a mag inspired someone to make some paper piecings to sell on ebay. I thought it was pretty cool really. I was surprised but good with it.