Friday, January 13, 2006

CHA Planning

I'm still trying to figure out my flight to Vegas. Now that I want to fly one way and drive back with friends, the logistics are daunting. I have a workshop on the 29th so I'm thinking of running it 12-2 or 1-3. Then I can take a 7 p.m. flight out. I would ideally fly out of Ontario or LAX. Or even Burbank. The problem is, I would like to have someone take me to the aiport. The shuttle is rather pricey. And shuttles always want to get to the airport so much earlier than I want to get there! Hmm. But once I get there, friends will pick me up.

I'm excited about the CHA designers dinner at the Hilton. I signed up too late (I knew I should have looked into this last month) to get a goody bag. I hope I win a door prize!

Tons of wonderful and talented people have said they're going that I know so I hope to see everyone. I'm most excited about just taking it all in. I printed out the exhibitor list yesterday (I should have seen if it was in my packet but the online version is more updated anyway). Oh, my goodness! There will be tons and tons of vendors there. It sounds like a lot of the scrap companies will have make and takes. That'll be wonderful.

I booked an all-day session (three classes) at Violet's Rubber Stamp Inn in Ventura. I am in the process of creating samples boards and writing up descriptions. All three classes will be different. I hope people will spend the day with me. I will be teaching "all-occasion" classes. That should be fun! The new A Muse stamps are SO CUTE.

I finished my January DT work for SunSpiritStudio. com. Check out my gallery for the latest Valentines and Spring cards. I love the Be Mine Or Else cards. Too funny. Those stamps remind me of one of my favorite Guadalupe Fun Stamps conversation heart stamps, "be my baby or die." Ah, it just makes me think they would be perfect for some junior high school girl to give. Or perhaps recent divorcees. Heh.

I got a giant box of double sided tape and an dispenser today. Wow, I can't believe tape makes me so, so happy! I don't know what I would do if I actually have to glue things down! Heh.

I'm sitting on 30 cards for submission. I have 20 ready to go but 10 more need write-ups. I've just been too swamped to properly write them. What happened to my days of leisure? I need a secretary! But the buzz of the new year is still going strong. I feel so refreshed and ready to tackle whatever may come.

No comments: