Friday, September 01, 2006

Whipping it up


I went to Melissa Etheridge's concert last night and I was really inspired by her stage design. I plan to make some cards based on the color combos I saw.

In the meantime, I only had a couple of minutes to whip up a birthday card for a friend I'm seeing tonight. Grabbing random paper, stamps and ink...ribbon and brads and voila! The classic Take Ten style is seen here. I know not all the colors match but I think there's something fun and unexpected about this card that makes it a perfect 30th birthday card. And, I love those Marvy Clever Lever punches. It makes layering so easy! All stamps by A Muse. The "cruisin'" stamp is one of my favorites. On the inside, I've stamped "happy birthday, little lady"...another favorite stamp of mine. It always makes me giggle.

3 comments:

Jenny L. said...

Shauna, this is really cute. I might have to get that sentiment too.

Vintage Papers said...

Shauna I love that car! adorable!!

scoopy (Emily) said...

So cute! I saw your spread and other cards in Take Ten - awesome!!