Thursday, December 07, 2006

bookbinding





I had a craft day last weekend and learned to make books using the traditional Japanese stab binding technique. I have been hoarding this black, magenta flocked paper but thought it'd make a lovely book. I loved contrasting the yellow binding, the blue/purple interior and the first green page! Sorry for the bad photos. I haven't had much experience taking inanimate objects yet!

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with this book. I won't give it away because it's basically a mess of glue all over the place (that Yes! paste is stick stuff) but maybe I'll record little whimiscal thoughts.

I am thinking about stamping something and adding to the front of the book though! It just doesn't feel right if I don't stamp something I make. :)

No comments: