Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Buzzing


I feel like I've been buzzing around the last few weeks. I knocked off some things on my to-do list but then immediately put more stuff on it.

I need to get back to adding things to my inspiration book. This is a book where I tear out things I like out of magazines. I never actually copy anything but looking at the various colors usually gets me going.

I've been thinking a lot about what I want and I can't figure it out. Well, other than to be famous. In a way, blogging is being famous. At least in one own's mind. And possibly to whoever else stumbles upon this. But no, how do I get to be a household name? Or at least in rubber stamping circles?

What have I accomplished this year?

3 publications
1 design team (manager to boot!)
rubber stamp agent for an artist (friend to friend)

I should have applied for the editor position over at a paper arts magazine but I didn't want to move. Still, I want to see the offices (if I can). I emailed a note and my resume. Most of it describes the things I can do and have been doing but it doesn't explain the things I want to do or have the potential to do that I hadn't even thought about.

Contests. Design team calls. Instructor calls. Posting online. Hanging out and getting to know people. Going to CHA. Ah, it will never end but I don't want it to. I love this feeling of being able to try for something that I know I can do- and possibly be very good at. Better than being at a job where I'm not really relevant or necessary.

The picture of the card is a reminder to myself that I can do good work. And with last night's messes, it doesn't bother me. Playing means learning. Seahorse image and alpha by PSX. Branch is from Rubbermoon.

No comments: