Thursday, August 25, 2005

Still high


On rubber that is. I am almost afraid to post this because it has been too crazy these last few days. The other night, I came home to a copy of the newest Take Ten (from Stampington). I got four cards published! It's so crazy because one of them had been submitted to another magazine but they rejected it. Heh, I'm not telling which one.

Having things published really motivates me to see how far I can go with this hobby.

I have a loose plan of getting a website done (a dear friend/stamper is going to put it together for me), getting on maybe one more design team, getting my act together and producing a sheet of rubber (I have had two offers to sell "whatever" I put out from vendors), maybe teach stamping and go to CHA! I really want to go. I have always wanted to go but I didn't have any credentials to speak of. I started submitting cards in ernest for publication, got myself a mentor and now, I'm in a much better position as a design team manager and rubber stamp agent/manager of an artist. We're producing her doodles as stamps. Check out a preview http://www.sunspiritstudio.com. Aren't they adorable? I can't wait to see them in rubber so I can play with them.

I'm also really excited to get my group's rubber sheet finally done. It's been a long hard road but it's almost ready. Just another week or so and I should have the rubber in my hot little hands. There are definitely images on there I want to use right away. Plus, I put my favorite Nappy D quote on there!

Just listen to your hear, that's what I'd do.

Picture for the day is a card I sent away as a RAK a while ago. I love the bright cheerful color of it. Image is by Stampola.

No comments: