Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Aloha


I like to make birthday cards with the person in mind so I generally don't have a batch of pre-made cards. I always find myself creating the card about 20 minutes before I have to leave for the party. Ooops. Being the "Take Ten" queen that I am, I try to spend a bit more time composing the card for special friends. Here's my card for my buddy Mark (the one who took the fab headshot of me for my website). His birthday was on Monday so I'll give it to him on Saturday just in time for the party. Now...handmade gifts...yikes, that'll take a bit more time! I don't even have an idea yet. Uh oh!

I saved the postage stamps from an envelope that came across my desk about 9 months ago. I have various coworkers who save postage stamps for themselves. It was a bit of a struggle to get these away from them. Hahah! I just got these two scalloped circle punches from Marvy. I love those clever lever punches. The fiber is from my stash and I just got these cool matte finish brads from Lasting Impressions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great card! i love all the tiki stuff out these days, and using the real postage stamps...very creative!
Elishia