Thursday, April 27, 2006

One of Us


When I was working on this "faux scrap page" (6X6), I heard the song "Freaks" (or as I call it, "One of Us") in my head from my favorite Hedwig and the Angry Inch sound track. I'm looking forward to seeing the LA Rainbow Carnage shadowcast do Hedwig tomorrow night (12 Midnight). I've seen Hedwig many times including live earlier this month with Donovan Leitch. The colors, the music, the dance...I love it! The last couple of months have been kind of tough on me emotionally and it's been coming out in my artwork. Perhaps you can pick up the theme when you see the rest of the cards I created for SunSpirit Studio here.

I don't remember the floral asterisk's paper's maker but the dotted background paper is Basic Grey. The copper embellishment is from SunSpirit Studio as well as the stamps. The people was punched out from KCRW's monthly program guide. The top left corner was slot-punched (I just found my slot punch and have been using it to tie ribbons through!) and finally, I hand-wrote the words and tag. Oh! And the black flat-back crystals are also from SunSpirit Studio. The green square brads are from Making Memories. Inks used are VersaMagic Cloud White and Charcoal chalk fluid ink from Colorbox.

---edit, the Floral paper is from WE R Memory Keepers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Shauna! I just love this card. I am going to have to get this stamp. For some reason the stamp makes me think of the song PEOPLE ARE STRANGE by The Doors! One of my fav. songs in the whole world!haha
Hugs,
Elishia