Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back from AZ!


I'm back from Art Unraveled! I took one workshop, Not Your Average ATCs. I got to play with gel medium, mica, transparencies, copper tape and other stuff I have never used to before. Well, I have some but I have been hoarding all of it! I got so excited that I wanted to come back to just work on stuff. But that may have to wait a bit. I'm teaching a class tonight at Stampin' on Cloud 9! A couple of samples of what we're doing are here.

Come on by, I'll have goodies for you!

These are the 4 ATCs I did at the workshop. I'll be adding some beads, stamping and other stuff to a couple of them in the next few days.

I loved being in the company of great artists. I think I was kind of star struck to see people I've only read their books or seen their art- Lynne Perrella, Vesta Abels and to meet people I've been corresponding with years online (waves wildly to Fran!). It was awesome to hang out with other Stamping Rock Stars, Andrea and Tracey! Fran is so inspiring! And generous! Andrea, Tray and I were receipients of POUNDS and pounds of her rubber!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to the stamp stores I wanted to visit (Frenzy Stamper was closed when I went by and I ran out of time for the others). That didn't stop me from spending tons of money at SAS Fabrics (I bought an insane amount of ric rac, buttons and pretty ribbon--it makes me giggle just to think about it) and at the Art Unraveled shopping day. I think I bought stuff from nearly everyone! I got lots of cool paper from Paper Studio. But the bulk of it were beads, tiny bottles, watch findings and other neat things from Invoke Arts. I wish I could afford even the smallest piece of artwork from Michael DeMeng.

Yesterday, I visited the lovely Scrappers Corner store in Northridge. I put a big dent in my store credit picking up the Crop-a-dile, the EK Success retro flower whale of a punch, the Fastenator and other cool "thingies." But try as I might, I didn't use all my store credit. I heard a rumor they just got some new stuff in so I'll be back in a few weeks. I want the big staples that you can thread ribbon through (I can't find a pic online but Fran showed them to me at her house and they look COOL!).

I have to say that flying to and from Phoenix was fine for me. I checked all my tools and toiletries away and breezed through. I did worry about wrecking my heat gun and sharp pointy things but it was fine.

I am glad to be home though! I actually think 90 is "cool" compared to the stiffling 110+ degrees I was in last week.

2 comments:

Nicole Seitler said...

I like those ATCs! :D And I'm glad you and your supplies made it there and back again safely. ;)

scoopy (Emily) said...

Glad to hear you are back and had a great time!